Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I don't take criticism too well

There, i said it. As much as i hate to admit it, it's 100% true. I hate criticism. If it's constructive criticism, i can take. But if it's pure, pureeeee criticism, i will hear birds being shot dead, car crashing into each other, hell beneath my feet, and a stab right through my so-call heart. Yesterday i received a (much needed actually) criticism from someone. I won't mention who but let's just say, that person is rather important to me at the moment. At first, it felt like a sudden hit by a bullet train (i couldn't sleep the whole night because the words just kept haunting me in my head) but later on, after replaying in my head so many times, i became overly immune to it. I guess i needed it. All my life, I've been working so hard to be good at everything in school. Okay, i realize i can't hide the subject matter any longer, it is indeed about school stuff. Blah....

The first half of high school was dreadful for me. I sucked at almost everything - math. science. history. malay. everything. It didn't take long for me to realize i needed help, so came the tuition and extra classes. I poured my blood and soul *overly dramatic here* on my homework and made sure my eyes and ears were on the teacher.

It worked - slowly and gradually my grades went up. So if you think i'm a naturally gifted all star A student, you are sooo very wrong. I need to work thrice as hard to satisfy the perfectionist in me. I was never all the time an A student. Studying and smartness were never in my genes.

But 2 things were - determination and will.

I never gave up. I kept going and kept working. Some people say i take things a little too serious. Can you blame me? I can't bare to go back at the bottom again knowing how hard it is to clime the ladder.

Somehow along the way it did feel a little natural for me to make sure i ace at whatever i am doing. So i guess you can say, i was getting too comfortable in my position that i didn't realize i was actually slipping. Yesterday's incident made me realize it.

Miracle in disguise maybe?

Whatever it may be, i'm definitely moving up to the third gear - charging forward stronger and better.

Here's the quote of the day. Picture taken during my project shooting.
Let's all inspire and be inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment