Monday, February 28, 2011

Grandpa Oscar?

The Oscars just ended. I woke up exactly at 8.30am to catch the live show. Now, i'm suffering from a migraine. I don't know what got me so excited with this year's Academy Awards. I watch it almost every year but never (ever) betray my sleep for it. For me, the whole 3 hours award show was okay... Most of the wins were kinda no brainer. Best movie was of course - The King's Speech. Colin Firth and Natalie Portman won the best actor and best actress respectively. The host did an okay job as well. Anne Hathaway can really sing!



It struck me when i was watching the red carpet arrival and saw these dresses. They look a little bit inspired by Chinese "cheongsam" isn't it? The sleeves, the open-leg slid, and the high neck. Not all of it looks great except Amy Adams which i think looks stunning in blue sparkles. But my favourite dresses for this year's Oscars were worn by Reese Witherspoon, Halle Berry, and Hailee Steinfeld.

Reese looks like an Oscar Barbie with that cute ponytail. Halle is... it's Halle Berry! She looks good in anything. Hailee's so cute in that princess-y dress with (my personal favorite accessory) a headband.

I know the whole award season is over, but i think a good movie marathon would be great. Right now, i'm up for Gone With The Wind and Breakfast at Tiffany's.  ( :


P.S.: Pictures credited to Socialite Life.

2 comments:

  1. i love Anne Hath's red dress with piece of blings on her neck! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) agreed. she looks stunning during the whole award show.

    ReplyDelete