Thursday, September 23, 2010

Count the Moons

Trying hard not to sound sad in this post. Originally i had this idea to dedicate this post to my late grandfather. Because honestly, Mooncake Festival reminds me of him the most, and i mean it. As a kid, every single year (till today) my family never miss one Mooncake Festival. Every year my grandmother will cook up something fancy for the whole family. There will be a little prayer to the Gods first, my grandfather will hang up all the colourful lanterns up outside the porch, and when the sky turns evening, everyone comes home from work or school and have one hack of a night. To me, my grandfather was the saviour at every mooncake festival.

Why?

Because, every time when my candle light blows off, he is the one person who will light it back up for me. And he always, always made sure every lantern was lit up brightly. Making the house look really pretty, even from afar.

This year was the second year without him. I could only imagine what he would say about it. My grandfather was quite of a perfectionist and knowing that there weren't any lanterns hung up, he will definitely nag some of us. *smiles*

I miss him so much.




Satay!!!


Overexpose on her nose but still one of my fav pics of them. :)







Edited btw.



Kayz, i don't usually sign off my post but i'll give it a try.

Bye peeps. Come back soon~ 

=.="""

No comments:

Post a Comment