Friday, June 25, 2010

Toy Story 3


I remember being only 5 or 6 years old when the movie first came out in 1995. And now it's back - for the third installment. It's great that they decided to make a third one. I grew up watching both Toy Story 1 and 2 (1999). For the 3rd movie, i actually was super excited about it. Hearing from people about how great it is, i had to catch the movie myself. Paying RM8 (with student card), it was worthed all my money.

I'm not going to go through the whole movie here because i think that would be plain spoiler. I hate having someone pop my bubble, so i don't appreciate popping other people's. Okok, walk away now since i'm not giving you any details. But trust me, it's for your own good. I watched all the trailers, web clips, fan made videos of Toy Story 3 movie and when i was actually watching the movie, i felt like i knew what was going to happen, which wasn't smart at all.  So, i think for those who still has not watch it and like me, grew up watching Toy Story, GO WATCH IT!


The movie was hilariously funny, emotionally sad, and heart-racing exciting all at once.

Though, i have to say, i expected more from the movie. It's great but i wanted more from it. Ok, maybe i am a bit greedy. There were a few missing toys as well. Remember the female toy with all her lambs? Supposingly to be Woody's girlfriend? Bo Peep was her name and yes, she is missing from the movie. There's also Lenny and Wheezy that are missing. Lenny is the binoculars from the first movie and Wheezy is the singing penguin from the second movie.

Lenny (Top), Wheezy (Left), Bo Peep (Right)

For these 2 characters, i understand their disappearance because both toys are voiced by the same actor named Joe Ranft and he passed away in year 2005. He was a frequent voice appearance for Disney Pixar movies such as The Lion King, The Bug's Life, Beauty and the Beast, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, and even Corpse Bride.

Missing toys doesn't mean no toys. There are still a few main ones that we all love, Sheriff Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Rex, Mr. Potato Head, Slinky Dog, Hamm the Piggiebank, Jessie, and Bullseye. And new toys. Lots-O'-Huggin Bear (Lotso for short), Ken, Big Baby, and a few more others. I liked Lotso the bear at first but after i watched the movie, i think he is pure evil..................


After watching the movie, be prepared to feel guilty - for your old toys. I did. I kept thinking about my old pink teddy bear, the black and white panda, and the doggy plushie i had when i was young. Man, i miss them. Hopefully they are having a blast with a new owner (I did not throw them out, i donated them to charity - I think there are children out there that needs those toys more than i do). Yes, i learned that from the movie.

So, set a date and go watch the movie. Or wait till the DVD to come on. And no, i don't mean the RM10 DVD. You know what i mean.


Cheers~

No comments:

Post a Comment